- Position: full sun or lightly dappled shade
- Soil: tolerates most soils, even dry chalky soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Silvery young leaves with yellow down carried on purple shoots make a striking feature in spring. The foliage remains grey-green throughout the summer, with bunches of white flowers in late spring and dark red berries in autumn. An attractive tree for the garden as it maintains its compact size and shape.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Remove any broken, diseased or crossing branches in late autumn or winter. When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly.