- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: December to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Flattened heads of white flowers, opening from rosy-red buds from December to April, followed by dark blue-black fruit. This dependable, evergreen shrub is both faster growing than other varieties and has larger leaves. Flourishing in sun or partial shade, the shiny, dark green foliage provides a dense backdrop against which ornamental plants can easily be seen.
- Garden care: Remove any over-vigorous shoots that threaten the shape of established specimens in early summer, cutting them well back to within the plant's outline.
“A stronger form with larger heads of white flowers opening from white buds - a clean crisp contrast against the dark-green pointed leaves”
Val Bourne - Garden Writer