- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A breakthrough in breeding has produced this pieris, which is the first of its kind to have both variegated foliage and red flowers. Since its launch, 'Ralto' has already started to win awards, and it will make a great addition to the garden or terrace where it will put on an impressive display throughout the year.
- Garden care: Add composted pine needles or ericaceous compost when planting and apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch each year around the base of the plant in early spring. Remove the faded flower-heads in late spring along with any frost-damaged foliage.