- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any but very dry soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large, blue-violet or dark violet flowers on arching shoots from April to September and dark green leaves with creamy-white margins. This vigorous, variegated, evergreen shrub is attractive groundcover for large expanses of ground. Flowering best in full sun, it's a useful low-maintenance choice for sloping banks that are hard to mow.
- Garden care: To prevent the plant from becoming invasive cut back any unwanted shoots in spring.
“Cast your own winter sunshine with this splashed gold and green periwinkle with the pale-blue, spring flowers - restricted by curtailing by long overhead runners”
Val Bourne - Garden Writer