- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
These evergreen bay laurel balls are are great for flanking a set of steps, a doorway or path. Provide a sheltered, sunny or partially shady site and winter protection in cold areas since the lustrous, aromatic, dark green leaves, valuable for their culinary use, are susceptible to wind scorch.
- Garden care: Keep well-watered during the growing season and feed with a slow-release fertiliser such as Scotts Controlled Release Tablets. Clip established plants lightly twice during the summer months to retain a balanced shape, using secateurs not shears.
Supplied in a plastic pot they are suitable for potting in to terracotta pots to make them look a feature on patios or outside your door