- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well drained and fertile
- Flowering period: June - August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
The pretty foliage of this compact evergreen, which changes from green to burgundy during the colder months, is reason enough to find a spot in the garden for it, but it also offers summer interest with its spikes of lavender-blue flowers. It makes a good choice for a pot, particularly if winter colour is needed.
- Garden care: Needs minimal pruning. Remove misplaced or frost damaged branches in late spring. Protect from severe winter weather.