- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well drained and fertile
- Flowering period: June - July
- Hardiness: frost hardy (will need winter protection)
First introduced in 2005, this little gem has proven to be a great plant. It is compact but showy, with small rounded leaves (each with a red margin), that are retained throughout the year. From early summer these are practically smothered though with spikes of purple flowers that act as a magnet to beneficial pollinators. Its great for pots or front of border positions.
- Garden care: Needs minimal pruning. Remove misplaced or frost damaged branches in late spring. Protect from severe winter weather.