- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: borderline hardy ( may need winter protection)
Hardier than most, this compact fuchsia is smothered with chilli-like red buds in early summer, which open to flaring bell-shaped flowers over several months. A showy little plant, the flowers really stand out against the backdrop of rich green foliage, so it's ideal for adding a long season of interest to patio pots as well as front of border positions.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring.