Cotoneaster × suecicus 'Coral Beauty'
coral beauty cotoneaster
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
When established this low-growing evergreen shrub will form a dense mat of weed-smothering foliage. It is not at all boring though as it is smothered in late spring and early summer with small creamy white flowers. These are followed in autumn with masses of orange-red berries, which will not only look great, but will also help attract birds into the garden.
- Garden care: After flowering, lightly cut back any branches that spoil the symmetry of the plant and apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant. In autumn trim back lightly any branches that obscure the display of fruit.