- Please note that the pot shown in some of the images is not included. They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from. Also one of the photos on this page shows the plant with gift wrap. This is not included in the price however you may add gift wrap (for an additional charge of £4.95) during the order process.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: July to August
- Hardiness: half hardy
This popular, palm-like tree has arching, lance shaped, light green leaves, retained throughout the year. Mature trees produce dramatic white flower spikes that smell exquisite. It's an ideal focal point plant for a sunny, protected border, patio or for the exotic garden. It is also faster growing than the varieties with coloured foliage. In frost-prone areas it's best grown inside a warm greenhouse or conservatory.
- Garden care: In spring, when new growth appears and all danger of hard frosts has passed, cut back frost-damaged branches to just above the newly formed shoots.