- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A new form, with leaves that are covered in white wooly hairs, which gives them a soft silvery appearance. This makes it really stand out in the border, particularly when planted near shrubs or perennials that have foliage with a purple or reddish hue. It forms a neat mound, and from midsummer, small white honey-scented (sterile) flowers appear, drawing in the bees and butterflies.
- Garden care: Prune back hard in March, removing all of the previous year's growth to three or four buds.