- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dark magenta buds open to purple-pink tubular flowers from midsummer onwards, adding colour to the garden for several months. The flowers are loved by butterflies, attracting them in their droves, so this makes a wonderful addition to a wildlife- friendly planting scheme. Compact and very easy to grow, but offering long-lasting colour.
- Garden care: Prune back hard in March, removing all of the previous year's growth to three or four buds.