bay laurel (pyramid)
- One of the photos on this page shows the plant with gift wrap. This is not included in the price,however you may add gift wrap (for an additional charge of £4.95)during the order process .
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
These evergreen bay laurel pyramids are ideal for punctuating a formal or contemporary planting scheme. Since the lustrous, aromatic, dark green leaves, valuable for culinary use, are susceptible to wind scorch provide a sheltered, sunny or partially shady site and winter protection in cold areas.
- Garden care: Keep well-watered during the growing season and feed with a slow-release fertiliser such as Scotts Controlled Release Tablets. Clip established plants lightly twice during the summer months to retain a balanced shape, using secateurs not shears.
Supplied in a plastic pot they are suitable for potting in to terracotta pot or wooden planter to make them look a feature on patios or outside your door. Please note the height specified is the overall height of the plant on arrival including the pot.