- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any but very dry soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Pairs of dark green leaves develop along the long trailing stems, eventually creating a dense mat of rich green foliage that can be used to help keep weeds at bay. The 5-petalled flowers, which appear on long stalks, are a rich shade of plum-purple.
- Garden care: To prevent the plant from becoming invasive cut back any unwanted shoots in spring.
“Plum-purple flowers, with a darker eye suffused in white, make this a classy partner with diminutive white muscari or other paler miniature bulbs”
Val Bourne - Garden Writer