- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any fertile, moist, well-drained neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: April to July
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
This new deutzia is really quite compact, which makes it ideal for both borders and pots. The flowers however, which appear from mid-spring to midsummer, are larger than average, and they have a pretty purple-pink daub to the white petal tips. This deciduous shrub is tolerant of some light shade, but it will flower more prolifically, and be altogether happier in a warm and sunny spot.
- Garden care: No regular pruning is necessary, as the flowers are borne on old wood, but you can encourage a bushy habit and help maintain an even shape by tip-pruning immediately after flowering, either by pinching off the tips of soft shoots or by reducing any long leading or lateral shoots by a third.