- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: March to April
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Pointed purple-pink buds form at the tips of the stems of this evergreen shrub in spring, opening to soft pink tubular flowers, which emit a deliciously sweet perfume. Tolerant of partial shade, it is ideal for a woodland setting with drifts of spring flowering bulbs at its feet.
Garden care: Keep pruning to a minimum since the plant is susceptible to die-back. Where necessary after flowering, lightly trim to remove misplaced branches and maintain a compact habit.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin & eye irritant