- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Clusters of sweetly scented, purple-pink flowers with light pink lobes and narrow, mid-green leaves. This vase-shaped, semi-evergreen, May-flowering shrub is particularly suitable where border space is limited. Given an open, sunny site with well-drained, humus-rich soil, it will also occasionally flower in autumn.
- Garden care: Keep pruning to a minimum since the plant is very susceptible to die-back. Where necessary after flowering lightly trim back to remove misplaced branches and maintain a compact habit
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant