- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: hardy annual
Frilly-edged white petals form good-sized, well-scented flowers, which appear in small clusters throughout the summer on long, slender stems. A firm favourite with the exhibitors, 'White Frills' consistantly wins awards at the shows, but also makes a fine climber for the garden, where it will fill the surrounding air with its sweet perfume. Plant more than you need as you will want some for the vase too.
- Garden care: From October to late March, sow seeds into pots filled with good-quality seed compost and place them in a cold frame. Pinch out the tips as the plants grow to encourage them to become bushier, and harden off before planting out in a sunny spot from April onwards. Direct sowings can be made in October or March. It is important to remove the faded flowers before they set seed, so picking them to fill a vase inside will only encourage more to form.
- Sow: October-March
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 20 seeds.