- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to the first frosts
- Hardiness: tender
A sun loving treasure, forming neat clumps of decorative silver-grey leaves, topped with large lavish blooms. Perfect for containers and difficult dry and hot spots.
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care: Sow thinly in trays of seed compost, cover with a fine layer of compost. Firm gently and keep moist. Cover with glass, polythene or propagator lid. Keep at approx. 20C. Seedlings appear 12-21 days. Remove cover when seedlings appear. When large enough transplant 5cm apart in trays. Stand outside for a few days late May (avoid frosts). Transplant 20cm apart in flowering position. Keep moist and weed free. Remove dead heads to prolong flowering. Flowers open in direct sunlight so the sunnier their position the better.
- Sow: February-April
- Flowering: July-October
- Approximate quantity: 25 seeds.