- Position: partial shade
- Soil: heavy, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: January to February
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need protection in winter)
Gorgeous, double white, bowl-shaped flowers from January to February (occasionally earlier) and clumps of leathery, dark green leaves. This pretty Christmas rose looks great planted in bold groups towards the front of a partially shady mixed border. Although it prefers a heavy, neutral to alkaline soil, once established it will tolerate drier conditions.
- Garden care: Add lots of well-rotted leaf mould or organic matter to the planting hole. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted organic matter around the base of the plant in autumn and provide a top-dressing of general fertiliser each spring.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant