- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July and August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Great for adding a splash of colour to the garden in mid to late summer, 'Pamina' produces large, double, deep pink, cup-shaped flowers throughout July and August above clumps of pretty, deeply cut, deep green leaves. This award-winning Japanese anemone is perfect for the middle of a sunny or lightly shaded border, and being more compact than other varieties, it's particularly suitable for small gardens.
- Garden care: Cut back the stalks after the flowers have faded. Tidy up old dead leaves in March, then mulch well. Avoid moving the plant since it resents disturbance. Where necessary lift and divide congested colonies in early spring.
“The neatest rose-pink semi-double flowers of any Japanese anemone, held on dark wiry stems on this front of the border -September star”
Val Bourne - Garden Writer