- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Beautiful mauve-pink flowers smother the plant in late spring and early summer, complimenting the purple-flushed, mid-green leaves. This fast-growing montana clematis is ideal for covering a wall or fence in record time. Remember to support the plant well as it grows, as the foliage can get very dense.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.