- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: December to February
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
Small, creamy, bell-shaped winter flowers often tinged-green and mid-green leaves retained throughout the year. This winter-flowering clematis is perfect for training over a pergola, doorway or arch, in a sunny, sheltered site. Although drought-tolerant it may not survive severe winters.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.