- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: December to February
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
This new evergreen clematis is noted for its abundance of flowers, which appear throughout the winter months adding a much sought after splash of colour. Each flaring bell-shaped bloom is a creamy white, but the inside of the petals are heavily patterned with maroon spots and splashes. They are pendent, so hang from the slender stems amongst the delicate looking rich green foliage. It's a great option for a sheltered wall.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.