- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: hardy annual
Intensely fragrant, deep pink and white, wavy-edged flowers appear in profusion from June to September. These beautiful, bi-coloured sweet peas are an old heritage variety from the 18th century and are still incredibly popular today. They're ideal for training over a wigwam of bamboo canes in a sunny spot - just make sure they are planted somewhere near a seating area, window, doorway or path so you can take full advantage of their wonderfully powerful scent.
- Garden care: From October to late March, sow seeds into pots filled with good-quality seed compost and place them in a cold frame. Pinch out the tips as the plants grow to encourage them to become bushier, and harden off before planting out in a sunny spot from April onwards. Direct sowings can be made in October or March. It is important to remove the faded flowers before they set seed, so picking them to fill a vase inside will only encourage more to form.
- Sow: October-March
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 20 seeds.