- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
An incredibly adaptable and undemanding plant, which makes excellent groundcover for borders and slopes. It is also one of the best geraniums for dry shade, so is ideal for underplanting established trees and shrubs. The flowers are slightly variable in colour, being a mixture of purple and pink, and they often appear over several months from early summer.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.