- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A wonderful cranesbill with bright magenta flowers that can reach up to 4cm in diameter. It produces these dazzling flowers prolifically, over a long period in late spring and summer, so it is great for putting on a show. It's gregarious too, and is well suited to rambling through the border, where it will also help to supress weeds.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.