- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil:any moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Bergenias are tough, reliable and undemanding evergreen groundcovers that will grow just about anywhere - and once established, will get by on very little water. The chunky leaves form a slowly spreading cluster (they look great planted en-masse), from which sprays of bell-shaped flowers emerge in early spring. 'Angel Kiss' is a new compact form with white flowers that turn pinker as they mature, while their lustrous green foliage takes on a reddish flush during the cold winter weather.
- Garden care: After flowering remove faded flower-heads and apply a slow-release fertiliser around the plant. Lift and divide large clumps in early spring.