- Position: indirect light
- Soil: loam-based potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 8cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 7cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
As this plant thrives in a warm, humid environment, it make a perfect candidate for a bottle garden or terrarium. It has tiny leaves that give the plant a textured look, which resembles moss - hence its common name of creeping moss. This plant is sent out as an un-named and un-labelled Selaginella, so the plant you receive may be a different variety to the one in the photo. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from. With our bottle garden plants , they may vary slightly from the photograph due to seasonal availability.
- Home care: Keep the compost moist (but not waterlogged) at all times and mist the leaves frequently. Repot in spring if necessary.