- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Flower: spring/summer
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 10cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
One of the largest of this species but still just as amazing! Stemless pale green, triangular-ovate leaves, edged in red to a pointed tip slowly grow into a beautiful rosette shape. Then in the summer it produces lantern shaped tall red flowers with yellow tips. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Needs very little care, except that the leaves are so need to be handled with care. Water sparingly when required avoiding the actual rosette of leaves, and keep in an even warm enviroment. As an added bonus, this plant often produces small baby plants or 'chicks', hence the common name 'hen and 'chicks' at the base of the main rosette of leaves. Cut these off and pop them into some cactus potting compost to give to all your friends!