- Position:bright but indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 145cm (including pot)
A graceful, weeping plant with masses of slender pointed, glossy green leaves perfect to softens any room and make a statement. Part of the Ornamental Fig family it has been adorning our homes since the Victorian times but it is just as favoured now in our contemporary homes as then.
- Home care: It doesn't have many needs, as long as you find a bright spot away from direct sunlight, not close to a heat source like a radiator and away from any draughts it will usually be happy. Once it has the right place try not to move it as they don't like being moved around. Water with tepid water when the soil is just starting to dry out on the surface, but don't let it dry out completely. During the winter you can reduce the watering. Mist the leaves in the summer months, and feed with a liquid fertiliser during the growing season.
- May cause skin allergy