- Position: prefers light shade, but close to a window
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 90cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 20cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Relatively compact and slow growing, the foliage of this easy to grow houseplant is rich green and lustrous, so adds an exotic feel to the indoor planting scheme. It's one of the best for darker areas in the house too, so perfect for hallways, where it's upright habit will not have too big an impact on your comings and goings.
- Home care: Water well in the growing season, but less so in winter. Misting the leaves with water will help keep the humidity levels high, as well as keeping the leaves dust-free. Repot in spring every couple of years and keep temperatures above 10°C in winter.
“One of the top 2 in study by NASA into the best houseplants for clearing formaldehyde from the air often found in the home in fiberboard and plywood”
John Hiorns - Plant Buyer