- Position:bright but indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 70cm (including pot)
The colourful leaves of this easy-going houseplant look great when teamed with the mellow hue of this (W22.5cm x H20cm) etched aluminium planter, which has been hand-crafted in India.
- Home care: Beauty like this needs certain requirements but given the right conditions this striking plant will thrive. Place it on a warm east or west facing windowsill with a constant temperature of no less than 16°C, but not in direct sun. It likes moist air so mist the leaves regularly, or stand it on a tray of damp pebbles so the moisture can evaporate into the atmsophere. Water freely from spring to autumn with tepid water keeping the compost moist, reducing through the winter months. Feed through the growing season with a liquid fertiliser.