- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 15cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 12cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
The glossy green leaves of this relatively low-growing houseplant are rounded and have a slightly fleshy texture. They appear on long, slender stalks and forms a loose, rounded dome, which looks quite structured. A handsome addition to a window-ledge, shelf or work surface, it is also quite low-maintenance and easy to grow.
- Home care: Water moderatly during the warmer months, allowing the surface of the soil to dry out in between, but keep dryer in the winter. Mist with water regularly, and shelter from direct sun in the summer.
“A Swedish missionary brought in the Chinese money plant to Europe from China in 1946. The plant was growing on the CanShang Mountains in Yunnan province and that’s why it’s also known as the Chinese Missionary Plant.”
John Hiorns - Plant buyer