- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 15cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 12cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
The bean-shaped foliage that has given this plant its name, is semi-succulent, so it can store a little water during dryer spells - and that makes them less demanding than some of the other houseplants. They form in tight rosettes, which over time can slowly gain a bit of height as they mature. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep it in a semi-shaded or bright spot with protection from direct sun and water moderatly in summer - allowing the compost to get reasonably dry before repeating the process. Water sparingly in winter. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter.