- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 135cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 25cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Originating from wetlands in Central and South America, this is an exotic looking specimen with large glossy leaves and a plaited stem. It's a good option if you want something that looks tree-like in your home or office. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: As the name suggests, this plant loves a drink, so do make sure you keep it well watered - particularly during the warmer months. It is important however that the excess water can drain away freely so it is never left sitting in water. In winter it can be watered less often. less. Maintain temperatures above 10°C and mist with water regularly to increase the humidity around the plant - or site the pot on a tray filled with wet shingle. Pot it up every couple of years, but avoid repotting into a much larger pot.