- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 120cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 26cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
This plant has been a favorite for many years now. Once it gets going it can be truly impressive with large, glossy heart shaped leaves which as the plant matures have the distinctive perforated and deeply cut leaves. It originates from tropical rainforests where the aerial roots help it to climb up into the canopy, so as your plant grows you want to gently push the aerial roots into the moss covered pole. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep it out of direct sunlight, ideally it likes a bright spot, and mist the leaves, particularly if the room is warm and dry. Also the leaves will appreciate being given a wash sometimes to keep them clean and dust free. This plant likes a moist soil but not a waterlogged soil, so in the winter feel the soil before you water it. In the summer you can water more freely.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant
“You will have come across this plant when you open a fashion magazine or on social media the Monstera is very trendy. Large, green leaves with Swiss cheese like holes. you can't miss it. This tough guy also makes a great decorative room divider and is a living air purifier. Just do not either, over water or sit next to radiators.”
John Hiorns - Plant buyer