- Position: prefers light shade, but close to a window
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 140cm (including pot)
A relatively new cultivar, this one has quite distictively striped rich green and white-striped leaves, that form around the upright stems. More tolerant of shady spots than many of the other houseplants, it's slender silhouette also makes it a good choice where floor space is limited. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water well in the growing season, but less so in winter. Misting the leaves with water will help keep the humidity levels high, as well as keeping the leaves dust-free. Repot in spring every couple of years and keep temperatures above 10°C in winter.
“Dracaenas are one of the top 2 in study by NASA into the best houseplants for clearing formaldehyde from the air often found in the home in fiberboard and plywood.”
John Hiorns - Plant buyer