- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 20cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
The strap-shaped, olive-grey leaves have a deeper green edge, and their bases are wrapped around a fleshy stem, that slowly splays out. Occasionally, at the tips of these stems, airy sprays of creamy white star shaped flowers will appear. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a standard nursery plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Make sure that it is in a bright spot but not in direct sun, with a constant average temperature no lower than 10°C in the winter. Watering is simple, just water well in the growing season from spring to autumn, then reduce watering in the winter when the plant's growth has slowed down. You can mist the leaves occasionally in a hot summer.