- Position:bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 35cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
The leaves of this lush evergreen houseplant are large, leathery, and a glossy rich green, and given time (and the appropriate care) it will grow into quite a tall and impressive specimen that does not require too much maintenance. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: These are easy plants to care for as long as you are careful with the watering. Only water once the compost is dry to touch, and make sure that the plant isn't left standing in water. You can mist the leaves to increase the humidity - and occasionally wash the leaves with a damp sponge or cloth to keep them glossy. Try to maintain an average temperature no lower than 12°C in the winter, and avoid any sudden drops in the temperature and cold draughts.
“Sounds like music to your ears. The fiddle-leaf fig, so called because of its violin-shaped leaves. For the real music lover.”
John Hiorns - Plant buyer