- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 55cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 18cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
From the Ornamental Fig family, the rubberplant has been a popular houseplant from the Victorian times, but now there are newer and better varieties like this form with larger, and wider glossy leaves. Although we recommend that it is grown in bright but indirect light, rubberplants will tolerate a couple of hours of morning sunshine.Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: These are easy plants to care for as long as you are careful with the watering. Only water once the compost is dry to touch, and make sure that the plant isn't left standing in water. You can mist the leaves during the summer to increase the humidity. Occasionally wash the leaves with a damp sponge or cloth to keep the foliage glossy. Try to maintain an average temperature no lower than 12°C in the winter, and avoid any sudden drops in the temperature and cold draughts.