- Position: indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 20cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
Lance-shaped fronds, each with a slightly wavy edge, form a distinctive shuttlecock-like effect. Initially the fronds of this asplenium are a light lime green, however they soon mature to a deeper, richer green. It has a really striking silhouette, so it looks good on its own, but it can also be used in a mixed indoor arrangement, where it will add structural interest to plants with a much softer leaf shape. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Avoid handling the newly emerging fronds and water regularly in the growing season so that the compost remains moist but not waterlogged. Mist the leaves regularly with water - particularly in winter when the central heating is turned on. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter repot in spring when the plant becomes root-bound.