- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 18cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
A truly impressive plant that is mainly grown for its heavily-veined, dark green leaves - although it will occasionally produce a yellow spathe flower too. Like its namesake (elephants ear), the leaves are large, which is why they make a really big impact. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: This plants needs warmth and humidity. If you have a warm, light bathroom that could be perfect. Otherwise stand the pot on a tray of damp pebbles to try and keep the humidity levels up and or mist regularly. Keep the temperature minimum of 16°C, warmer if possible. Water regularly in the summer, reducing through the winter, and feed with a liquid feed in spring/ summer every 3-4 weeks.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant