- Position: ideally bright, with some full sun, but will also tolerate shade
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Not only does this plant look good, but Sansevierias are also one of the best plants for filtering impurities from the air in your home - so it will also be doing you good! One of the easiest houseplants to grow, it has patterned, inrolled leaves, which makes them look like tubes that fan out from the base. A truly unique plant that will tolerate quite low light levels. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: The main thing to avoid with this plant is over-watering, so only water (avoiding the crown) when the compost gets quite dry. In winter you can cut back even more and only water every month or two and keep temperatures above 10°C. Repot every few years when the roots start to split the pot.
“One of the top 3 in study by NASA into the best houseplants for clearing formaldehyde from the air often found in the home in fiberboard and plywood. Sanseverias also unlike many house plants give oxygen off at night therefore a great plant to have in the bedroom.”
John Hiorns - Plant buyer