- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Foliage plants are very popular now adding freshness and life to our homes, whether they are displayed in a group or as a stand alone feature plant, they can help to improve our wellbeing. This Goeppertia, with its dramatic broad oval shaped leaves, emerging bright green with pinky-white zebra stripes radiating out from the central vein, will certainly look good in any room. As the foliage matures the leaves deepen to dark green with striking white strips and a dusty pink underside. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Originating from tropical regions, they like relatively stable temperatures (ideally above 15C) and a well-lit position that does not get direct sunlight (think steamy jungle!). They like to be kept well watered, although this can be cut back a little in winter, and they thrive in high humidity, either grow it in a steamy room, mist it with water regularly, and/or sit the pot on a tray of dampened shingle.