- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: Quick growing
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 20cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
A slightly unusual form of the ever popular spider plant. This variety has chunkier, shorter bright green leaves edged with a cream margin. As it matures it develops stems, each of which has a baby plant at its tip. These can be pegged down into compost, and when rooted the stems can be cut and you will have another plant for your friends and family! Very easy to grow, just place it in a well lit spot, water and watch it grow! Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep dryer in winter. Mist the leaves every so often with water to increase humidity and make sure the winter temperatures stay above 8°C. Repot when it has outgrown its pot in winter.
“I like this plant as a NASA study proved it helps purifing the air from benzene, up to 90% of potentially cancer causing formaldehyde, as well as carbon monoxide and xylene.”
John Hiorns - Plant buyer