- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 45cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
A tough and undemanding houseplant, Chinese evergreen is more tolerant than most to lower light levels. That makes it perfect for darker corners or hallways, where its long slender silver-green foliage (which is attractively patterned with darker green markings), will help add a splash of colour.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep away from draughts and water sparingly in winter. Maintain temperatures above 16°C and mist the leaves regularly to increase humidity. Repot (preferably into a shallow pot) every 3 years or so in spring.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant
“This has been said to be the easiest houseplant because it grows well in low light and areas of the home where other plants won't grow (like a dark bedroom). The best part about it is that it removes more toxins as time and exposure continues.”
John Hiorns - Plant buyer