- Position: bright but indirect light
- Compost: fertile, good quality potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 15cm (including pot), 22cm diameter
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover, put some gravel under the plant to raise it up in the pot cover
Rosebud-like flowers form in a cluster above the collar of deep green foliage off and on throughout the year, creating a really pretty effect. Compact and low-growing, it will thrive in a spot that gets lots of bright but indirect light. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: The perfect environment for these plants is bright, warm and steamy, so a bathroom or kitchen windowsill is ideal. Try to avoid cold draughts and direct sun, and ensure the foliage does not touch the window - otherwise it may get scorched. Water the plants regularly (from the base), but allow the surface to become dry before repeating the process. They also love being misted with water when they are not in flower. Remove any dead flowers or foliage as soon as they appear, and only repot (into a plastic pot) when the plant becomes root bound.