- Position: bright but not in direct sunlight
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
A lovely plant to get you into the Christmas spirit with stunning berries, which emerge yellow but turn a bright red as they mature. They hang in clusters and look great offset by glossy green foliage. Perfect for decorating your Christmas table. What's more, as an added bonus in the summer it has small fragrant flowers that last for many months.
- Home care: An easy plant to look after, just keep it out of draughts with an even room temperature, misting the leaves regularly with tepid water as they like humidity, and don't let the compost dry out, so don't put it close to a radiator. If the tips of the leaves brown or the berries start to shrivel then this usually means that it is not getting enough water. This plant is slow growing, but when it does need repotting do this in the spring.