- Position: bright filtered light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 45cm (including pot)
- Pot covers choose a 14cm pot cover
A striking bromeliad, which forms a rosette of lush green leaves from which an upright flowerspike is jettisoned. The flowers themselves are tiny, but the sheath of leaf-like bracts are a sumptuous pink colour. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: These plants like a constant warm temperature minimum of 15 °C/59 °F. As they feed through the leaves, mist the leaves regularly throughout the summer. Most importantly don't overwater, let the soil dry out between watering.
They are so easy to propagate - as the plant matures it will produce baby offsets which can be potted up into a special bromeliad compost, ...a great way to increase your collection of these unusual plants.